Serving Louisville’s Youth through Mentoring Internships
The goal of Career Connect is to match youth (ages 16-21) facing multiple barriers such as a lack of family support or positive role models, with caring supervisors in businesses that can provide mentoring internship positions and focus on maturing their personal and work life. This is a paid work internship lasting for at least two months.
What is provided for participating businesses?
- Mentoring workshops to help the employer / supervisor better understand and deal withbarriers the youth face everyday
- Identification of qualified youth through an application and interview process
- Matching process of youth with an appropriate internship position
- Foundational work-readiness training for the youth
- Y.O.U. contact for the supervisor and youth during the internship
What do the participating businesses provide?
- Paid internships with a definition of hours, duties, and terms of employment
- Oversight and personal relationship in addition to occupational training
- Feedback to Y.O.U. and Louisville Orphan Care Initiative